Wednesday, July 6, 2022

What a difference a week makes! Almost something new every day.  My stressful flying experience was somewhat eased when Delta airlines told me they were giving me 10,000 air miles as compensation for my inconvenience. 

So many things have already happened in this week  that I cannot address them in one post.  So, I will only talk about the falls today. Hopefully I will post more frequently!

Niagara Falls did not disappoint! My sister had booked us on a bus tour which included all kinds of perks. There was a wine tasting stop and although I did not imbib I learned some interesting things about wine production. My sister was not impressed with the wine so there is that. Off to the falls, a nice dinner and conversation with our group  which included a man from Brussels, and a family from India who had lived many places around the world. Then the boat ride clothed in our fancy plastic ponchos, a drive to the cute little town, Niagara by the Lake, where we found super sorbet. I even got passion fruit flavor which I had learned to love in Australia. And there were some amazing pastries - we had to bring some home!

Oh the falls! So beautiful and mesmerizing! It filled a part of my soul I did not know was missing. It is impossible to describe my experience. The Canadian side of the Falls is truly beautiful. I could have watched the water for hours! I loved being there and highly recommend it.

We were tired of course when we got back home but still had a few more things to pack before getting on the train to Montreal the next morning to really begin our adventures.

Sister time!

Breathtaking!

The power was awesome. This was taken from  the boat. Although we had these plastic ponchos my pants were soaked!







        



I guess we were hungry!  Don’t worry we did not eat it all by ourselves but these sweets  cost about $61 CA








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER!!!! TRYING TO GET BACK AFTER A 10 MONTH HIATUS

 It has been about 10 months since I last posted. I just have not been able to force myself to write so I haven't - even though many thi...