Thursday, July 28, 2022

DAY 18 and DAY 19- STEADY BROOK, CORNERBROOK AND ZIP LINING [July 17-18]

It was not a very long drive from Port Aux Basque to Steady Brook, our next stop in Newfoundland. Just a 2 1/2 hour drive and beautiful. We didn’t come to any other towns before Cornerbrook/Steady Brook and were able to check in early before our scheduled 3 PM zip lining. 

Yes, we actually went zip lining! I had long wanted to try and almost did when Steve and I were in Hawaii shortly after he retired. But our sweet neighbor in the condos had broken her leg while landing - she was on her honeymoon. Steve and I decided it was not for us.

But Sue and I did it! I am so proud of us! 

There were 9 different lines crisscrossing over a water fall and river. I was the oldest of our group which included some young girls one of whom was too light and never could make it to the end of the lines so the helpers had to go out and get her. Our helpers were nice young men who were strong enough to catch me and help me stand up when I landed on my bottom at a reverse incline. We have videos to prove we actually did it. What an awesome experience!

We stayed in Marblewood Village, a skiing village which was just moments away from Cornerbrook, where we found grocery stores, etc. 

On Sunday we also found a church to attend. The Cornerbrook Branch meets in a remodeled Anglican Church building. There were less than 2 dozen devoted members in attendance some driving over an hour to attend. It was good to be in church again and to feel the Spirit and to meet some more lovely people.

It was recommended that we drive to Bottle Cove which was a wonderful place to see. Again the scenery here is awesome! I wonder if the locals recognize the beauty of where they live?



Halfway through the course and we are still smiling.

So much to see and enjoy along our travels. I always take too many photos and it is hard to choose.


Cornerbrook Branch




































My sister says “You can’t post too many pictures because you can’t have too much beauty.” We are being saturated by beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER!!!! TRYING TO GET BACK AFTER A 10 MONTH HIATUS

 It has been about 10 months since I last posted. I just have not been able to force myself to write so I haven't - even though many thi...